Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Why Writers Write A Blog

Blogging and Writing -- Writing and Blogging

  • You want to reach the reading public. One person finding your blog is like being struck by lightening. Really! Think about it.  Of all the other blogs in the universe, a potential reader or writer clicked on your blog to learn something.
    • Once you have them, how do you keep them? That is for another blog, but put this in your notebook: Why did you click on this blog? What were you looking for? Can you do this better?
  • You want to make writer friends. This may sound strange, but to create a blog you need to read a blog.  And not just one blog, many, many blogs. You will meet some impressive authors with useful tools that you can use.  
  • Blog is your notebook. This is why I blog.  I wish I could remember all the things I don't remember! As a historical writer living in the South Pacific most of my research is done online. Sure, you can bookmark until you are blue in the face, but will you remember your bookmarks?  I sure don't. So I use my blog as a notebook.  I allows me to remember historical facts and where I found them including links and gives my readers useful information for their research. 
  • Business Card lists Writing Blogger. Writing a blog looks good on a business card but even better on a resume!  Ooo La La!  It gives potential publishers, employers, friends of publishers, friends of friends of someone important in publishing, a change to get to know about you, your writing, and how you work. You can think of this as your writing resume of sorts.
  • Easier and cheaper than a website. I think this speaks for itself.

Would you like to read more?  Here is a list of blogs that answer the question:

Why Should Writers Blog?







No comments:

Post a Comment